We're reshaping the way healthcare is delivered, ensuring every child gets the care they deserve.
We understand the importance of flexibility and accessibility in healthcare, and that's why we proudly offer Telehealth services. Telehealth not only ensures convenience, but also continues our commitment to delivering effective, high-quality care in the comfort of your home. Whether you're in a bustling city or in an area with limited in-person services, our dedication to driving excellent outcomes for your child remains the same.
Why Choose Woven Telehealth?
- Convenience and Comfort: Engage with our team from any location. Whether you're at home, or on vacation, your child can receive the exceptional care Woven is known for.
- Safety and Privacy: Our Telehealth services utilize top-tier, medical-grade tools that comply with HIPAA standards, ensuring both the privacy and safety of your information.
- Versatility: Almost every personal device is compatible. Whether it's a smartphone, tablet, or laptop, connecting with our team is just a click away.
- Comprehensive Care: Despite the virtual setting, our team is equipped and trained to provide the same level of care your child would receive in-person.
How It Works:
- Set Up: Schedule a Telehealth appointment with us.
- Connect: On the day of the appointment, use our platform to start your visit. Our user-friendly interface ensures a smooth experience.
- Engage: Interact with a dedicated member of your child's care team, just as you would face-to-face.
- We’re here when and where you need us.
- We can provide our services via Telehealth.
- Telehealth is both convenient and effective.
Telehealth appointments are available so your child can get the high-quality care we’ve always offered from the convenience of your home. A Telehealth appointment is a virtual visit with our team at a time and place that is most convenient for your family We believe that every child should have access to our high quality care, and we also serve rural areas where in-person services are limited.
How Woven Telehealth works:
- Telehealth is a video-based appointment with a Woven Care team member using medical-grade, HIPAA-compliant tools.
- Telehealth is a video-based appointment with a member of your child’s care team using medical-grade, HIPAA-compliant tools.
- Our team can provide the care your child needs within the Telehealth appointment.
- You’ll access your video visit directly from our platform, and you can use almost any personal device. Smartphones, tablets, and laptops all work well.
- Questions? Take a look at our Telehealth FAQ to learn more about the benefits of virtual appointments and how to set up a visit with one of our specialists.
You and your child can enjoy mealtimes again with the benefit of Feeding Therapy. We understand mealtimes can be one of the most stressful parts of the day when a feeding or eating difficulty is at play. With these difficulties, it goes beyond preferential or picky eating. Our feeding therapy helps both children and parents navigate and overcome the difficulties that can come with mealtimes.
What is the goal of our Feeding program?
- The goal of feeding therapy is to help patients develop normal, effective feeding patterns and behaviors
- Improving and strengthening the muscles of the face and mouth to safely and efficiently chew and swallow food and liquid
- Increase in healthy weight gain
- Assisting children having difficulties transitioning to different textured foods; and assist in decreasing your child’s large, emotional responses to non-preferred foods
- Increasing your child’s food repertoire to include a well-balanced diet of fruits, vegetables, proteins, and starches
- Intrinsically motivating children to eat and to enjoy mealtime
- Reducing the stress of mealtimes for your child and for you
Why Feeding Groups at Woven?
We provide family-centered therapy. The feeding group therapy uses a sensory desensitization process following a feeding hierarchy. We also allow parent observation and provide parent education during feeding sessions.
- Woven Care custom-tailors specific feeding treatment and recommendations to each individual family. We know feeding can be a huge cause of stress in the family
- You and your child benefit from consistent feeding and eating therapy
- Parents better understand what a feeding and eating difficulty is and why your child might be impacted. Parents are coached alongside their child during each session to learn how best to introduce new foods and how to decrease large emotional responses from non-preferred foods
- Children become intrinsically motivated to eat and/or interact with non-preferred or unfamiliar foods
Woven Feeding Groups
- Your child will learn to explore unfamiliar and non-preferred foods in a safe, comfortable, fun group setting. We use peer motivation as a powerful tool to assist in interacting with and/or eating targeted foods. Your child will learn about different sensory and oral motor components of food in a fun, developmentally appropriate way: through play.
Who delivers Feeding Therapy?
Our interdisciplinary feeding team can provide individual or group therapy. Our team of experts can evaluate and treat:
- Child’s diet
- Behavioral management
- Feeding aversion
- Oral motor skill development
- Limited weight gain
- Transitioning from tube to oral feeds
The Woven Care vision program focuses on understanding and addressing the unique visual needs and challenges children might face. Addressing visual issues can have a profound impact on a child's ability to learn, interact, and navigate the world around them.
Goals of a vision program:
- Enhance visual comfort and reduce sensory overload.
- Improve visual processing and integration with other sensory systems.
- Enhance the child's ability to use vision functionally in everyday tasks, including reading, writing, playing, and socializing.
Who delivers vision therapy?
- Our vision program works in conjunction with other therapies your child might be receiving, such as occupational, speech, or physical therapy. Collaboration ensures that the child's overall needs are being met and that therapies reinforce each other.
Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT)
- Animal-assisted therapy (AAT) is utilized by medical practitioners across the country to help patients of all ages and backgrounds reach their full potential.
- AAT is an effective way for individuals to engage in challenging therapy tasks with renewed motivation, reduced anxiety, and improved-self concept. Some common benefits for pediatric diagnoses include
- Security and independence
- Increase social motivation and confidence
- Reduction in negative behaviors
- Reading and cognition–due to stress reduction
- Fine and gross motor skill development through motivating dog centered tasks
- Emotional Development and Social Skills
- Improved social integration
- Improved recognition / sensitivity toward moods and needs of others
Who delivers AAT?
- AAT is available to your child in their speech, physical, or occupational therapy sessions. Interventions will vary based on your child’s goals but will commonly involve: coordination activities, speech articulation and pragmatics, social skills, sensory processing and calming techniques, and fine motor skill development. Each session will be designed to meet your child’s goals while providing comfort and motivation through the assistance of a therapy dog.
Why AAT at Woven Care?
- We are proud to offer AAT social skills groups to help your child learn to participate with peers comfortably and positively. During group sessions, there will be four children, 2 therapists, and one dog working on common social goals including reduction of anxiety, appropriate social dialogue, establishing and maintaining boundaries, and attention. This is a very fun way to overcome social fears and challenges.
Social skills groups:
- Enhancing interpersonal interactions and relationship-building in a supportive group setting.